Junior Software Developer (Full Time)
Upside is an innovation & technology studio that designs and develops products and services for companies who want to stay on top of what emerges. Our main focus lies in working with innovative technologies (e.g. modern web, Extended Reality, Gesture/Voice Control, Edge computing). We help our clients to better understand and fully use the potential of technology.
Right now, we're looking for Junior Software Developers to join us and learn how to develop high-end technology solutions with our skilled team.
Junior: 4500-6200 PLN net (Umowa Zlecenie)
This is a Full Time position.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (and the willingness to learn more)
- Eagerness to acquire new skills
- Basic knowledge of networking and distributed systems
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases
- Basic knowledge of version control system
- Communicative English (at least B2)
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of front-end technologies
- Familiarity with OOP principles and techniques
- Familiarity with UNIX-like operating systems
- A degree or on-going studies in IT/Computer Science
As a Junior Developer in Upside:
- you'll work side-by-side our skilled team working in multiple technologies (amongst the most popular: Ruby, Rails, Vue.js, Node.js, Unity)
- you'll learn how to collaborate with engineering & design team as well as how to establish relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- you'll be given chances to work directly with clients attending meetings and workshops so you can fully understand software product development cycle
- you'll learn best practices in engineering and grow your professional capabilities
- you'll work with a Technical Lead who'll help you quickly turn unknowns into solutions
- Office in the center of Cracow, close to main commute lines
- Remote work culture
- Working closely with business & design teams
- Working on international products leveraging cutting-edge technologies
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year: choose a conference, workshop, or training to attend and learn from.
Public Speaking Support: separate budget for taking an active part in conferences as well as public speaking mentoring.
Hardware: computer and accessories to make your workplace efficient.
Healthy (and not) Snacks: because ever one of us needs an apple. Or a bar of chocolate.
Mentoring: a strong culture of guidance, sharing knowledge, and providing support across the entire company.
If you're a student: an ability to adjust work schedule to university classes.
If you're interested in applying for this position, we'll ask you to apply through the form first. Give us a few days to review your application so we can get back to you with initial feedback. If all goes well, we'll invite you to complete a 30-min long online coding tasks to test your general knowledge. When you pass, we'll reach out to you to schedule a
30-min intro video-call with Kasia to talk on mutual expectations and answer your questions about the company. If there's potential for a match, you'll be invited for a ~2,5h interview with our engineering team when we'd love to learn more about your experience as well as give you space to show your technical capabilities! You'll have the possibility to choose a programming language that you feel best at. When you do, we'll be happy to welcome you to the team!
We reserve ourselves the right to contact the selected Candidates. If you didn't get the reply but would like to get more extensive feedback, feel free to reach out to us.