Junior Software Developer (Full Time or Part Time)
Upside is a software development agency that designs and develops products and services for companies who want to stay on top of what emerges. Our main focus lies in working with modern digital commerce. We help our clients to better understand and fully use the potential of technology to achieve their strategic objectives.
Right now, we're looking for Junior Software Developers to join our growing team and develop projects for key Clients.
B2B: 6 000 - 9 000 PLN net + VAT or equivalent on job contract (Umowa Zlecenie)
Including additional days off
Becoming part of Upside means:
- Joining a knowledgeable and experienced team of software developers, technology consultants, and designers who can guide you through the first steps of your professional career.
- Collaborating with international team on a wide variety of digital products.
- Co-creating great development culture with a focus on R&D and building tools to support the work.
- Support in growth and professional development.
- Flexibility on the place and time of your work.
We'd expect you to have:
- Decent knowledge of at least one programming language and the willingness to learn more.
- Eagerness to acquire new skills.
- Basic knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
- Basic knowledge of SQL databases.
- Basic knowledge of version control system.
- Great command of written and spoken English (B2 and above).
It's even better if you have:
- Basic knowledge of front-end technologies.
- Familiarity with OOP principles and techniques.
- Familiarity with UNIX-like operating systems
- A degree or on-going studies in IT/Computer Science
As a Junior Developer in Upside:
- You'll work side-by-side our skilled team working in multiple technologies (amongst the most popular: Ruby, Rails, Vue.js, Node.js).
- You'll learn how to collaborate with the engineering & design team as well as how to establish relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- You'll be given chances to work directly with clients attending meetings and workshops so you can fully understand the software product development cycle.
- You'll learn best practices in engineering and grow your professional capabilities.
- You'll work with a Technical Lead who'll help you quickly turn unknowns into solutions.
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)
How we work:
Remote work model: our main office is based in the city center of Kraków, however, the entire team operates in a hybrid model working from home or abroad.
Flexible working hours: the majority of our team starts work between 8.00/9.00 in the morning but we're open to early birds and night owls. The most important aspect is to overlap working hours with the teammates and clients you are currently working with.
Working closely with business & design teams: we aim for our teams to be cross-functional and we work on removing collaboration constraints.
Constantly improving Development Processes: our Team has a set of great practices in place (e.g. Code Review, Development Sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and we're always open to experiment with new approaches to make development process better.
- 15/20 paid days off.
Mentoring: a strong culture of guidance, sharing knowledge, and providing support across the entire company.
Home Office Upgrade Budget: support in making your workspace at home comfortable.
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year: choose a conference, workshop, or training to join.
Public Speaking Support: separate budget for taking an active part in conferences as well as public speaking mentoring.
Hardware and Software of your choice: laptop and accessories to make your workplace efficient.
Healthy (and not) Snacks in the office: because every one of us needs an apple. Or a bar of chocolate.
Access to cutting-edge technology: the ability to play around with the latest pieces of technology, like Oculus Quest 2.
What does the hiring process look like:
If you're interested in applying for this position, we'll ask you to apply through the form first. Give us a few days to review your application so we can get back to you with initial feedback. If all goes well, we'll invite you for a 60-min intro video-call with Kasia and one of our Software Engineers to talk about mutual expectations and answer your questions about the company. If there's potential for a match, you'll be invited for a ~2,5h interview with our engineering team when we'd love to learn more about your experience as well as give you space to show your technical capabilities! You'll have the possibility to choose a programming language that you feel best at. When you do, we'll be happy to welcome you to the team!