Ruby on Rails Developer
Upside is an software development agency that designs and develops products and services for companies who want to stay on top of what emerges. Our main focus lies in working with modern digital commerce. We help our clients to better understand and fully use the potential of technology to achieve their strategic objectives.
Right now, we're looking for Ruby Developers to join our growing team and develop projects for key Clients.
B2B: 12 000 - 19 000 PLN net + VAT
Including additional days off
Kraków or remotely
Our Team Mates are currently in Kraków, Warszawa, Gdańsk, Berlin or travelling the world.
Becoming part of Upside means:
- Joining a knowledgeable and experienced team of software developers, technology consultants, and designers.
- Collaborating with international clients on a wide variety of digital products.
- Co-creating great development culture with a focus on R&D and building tools to support the work.
- Support in growth and professional development.
- Flexibility on the place and time of your work.
We'd expect you to have:
- 3+ years of commercial experience in building web-based applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (B2 and above)
- Experience in Ruby or any other backend stack (as long as you're flexible and can adapt)
- Experience in Rails
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with AWS/Docker/Kubernetes
- Solid OOP skills
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, and profiling
It's even better if you have:
- Experience in direct work with different stakeholders (e.g. Product Owners or Business Founders) in a consulting setting
- Deep understanding on creating user-centric products
- Experience in working in Agile/Lean methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks and tools (e.g. Vue.js)
- Experience in Spree Commerce Framework
- Experience in creating modern APIs
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)
How we work:
Remote work model: our main office is based in the city center of Kraków, however, the entire team operates in a hybrid model working from home or abroad.
Flexible working hours: the majority of our team starts work between 8.00/9.00 in the morning but we're open to early birds and night owls. The most important aspect is to overlap working hours with the teammates and clients you are currently working with.
Working closely with business & design teams: we aim for our teams to be cross-functional and we work on removing collaboration constraints.
Constantly improving Development Processes: our Team has a set of great practices in place (e.g. Code Review, Development Sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and we're always open to experiment with new approaches to make development process better.
20 paid days off on B2B Contract.
Private healthcare provided by PZU Zdrowie.
English lessons organized by the company.
Mentoring: a strong culture of guidance, sharing knowledge, and providing support across the entire company.
Home Office Upgrade Budget: support in making your workspace at home comfortable.
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year: choose a conference, workshop, or training to join.
Public Speaking Support: separate budget for taking an active part in conferences as well as public speaking mentoring.
Hardware and Software of your choice: laptop and accessories to make your workplace efficient.
Healthy (and not) Snacks in the office: because every one of us needs an apple. Or a bar of chocolate.
Access to cutting-edge technology: the ability to play around with the latest pieces of technology, like Oculus Quest 2.
What does the hiring process look like:
If you're interested in applying for this position, we'll ask you to apply through the form first. Give us a few days to review your application so we can get back to you with initial feedback. If all goes well, we'll invite you for a 60-min intro video-call with Kasia and one of our Software Engineers to talk about mutual expectations and answer your questions about the company. If there's potential for a match, you'll be invited for a ~2,5h interview with our engineering team when we'd love to learn more about your experience as well as give you space to show your technical capabilities! You'll have the possibility to choose a programming language that you feel best at. When you do, we'll be happy to welcome you to the team!