Ruby on Rails Engineer
Upside is a software development company that designs and develops products and services for companies around the world. For the last years we have been working alongside startups helping them to build reliable technology, as well as with giants helping them in bringing fresh ideas onto the stage. The majority of our Clients come from retail, e-commerce and fin-tech and we’re also very active in the Open Source community.
#TeamUpside is currently 16 people strong (Fullstack/Backend/Frontend Software Developers, QAs, UX/UI Designers) and we’re searching for new teammates to join us! Right now, we're looking for Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our growing team and develop projects for key Clients.
Medior: 9 300 - 17 900 net PLN + VAT
Senior: 17 900 - 24 100 net PLN + VAT
Including additional days off
Office in Kraków or remotely
Our Team Mates are currently in Kraków, Warszawa, Gdańsk, Berlin or travelling the world.
Becoming part of Upside means:
- Joining a knowledgeable and experienced team of software developers, technology consultants, and designers.
- Collaborating with international clients on a wide variety of digital products.
- Co-creating great development culture with a focus on R&D and building tools to support the work.
- Support in growth and professional development.
- Flexibility on the place and time of your work.
- Impact on the further development and progress of Spree Commerce, one of the leading open-source frameworks based on Ruby on Rails which Upside is a main steward off.
We'd expect you to have:
- 2+ years of commercial experience in building web-based applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (B2 and above)
- Experience in Ruby or any other backend stack (as long as you're flexible and can adapt)
- Experience in Rails
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with AWS/Docker/Kubernetes
- Solid OOP skills
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, and profiling
It's even better if you have:
- Experience in direct work with different stakeholders (e.g. Product Owners or Business Founders) in a consulting setting
- Deep understanding on creating user-centric products
- Experience in working in Agile/Lean methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks and tools (e.g. Vue.js)
- Experience in Spree Commerce Framework
- Experience in creating modern APIs
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)
How we work:
- Remote work model: our main office is based in the city center of Kraków, however, the entire team operates in a hybrid model working from home or abroad.
- Flexible working hours: the majority of our team starts work between 8.00/9.00 in the morning but we're open to early birds and night owls. The most important aspect is to overlap working hours with the teammates and clients you are currently working with.
- Working closely with business & design teams: we aim for our teams to be cross-functional and we work on removing collaboration constraints.
- Constantly improving Development Processes: our Team has a set of great practices in place (e.g. Code Review, Development Sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and we're always open to experiment with new approaches to make development process better.
Perks & Benefits:
Paid vacation time (20 days)
Hardware and Software of your choice
Healthcare and fitness benefits
Company Retreats and Offsites
Home Office Upgrade Budget
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year
Public Speaking Support
Healthy (and not) Snacks in the office
Access to cutting-edge technology
Fast recruitment process
Our hiring process is not an easy one but for sure rewarding! We do it for you and us, to decide if we're the right fit for each other.
During the first step of the process, you'll have a chance to meet for a one-hour long conversation with our hiring manager and once of software engineers.
In this meeting, your future colleagues will take a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable in your area.
You made it to the very last stage! Here we already strive to cooperate with you, and give you an opportunity to meet up with our CTO and CEO.