Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Upside is an innovation & technology studio that designs and develops products and services for companies who want to stay on top of what emerges. Our main focus lies in working with innovative technologies (e.g. modern web, Extended Reality, Gesture/Voice Control, Edge computing). We help our clients to better understand and fully use the potential of technology to achieve their strategic objectives.
Right now, we're looking for Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our growing team and develop projects for key Clients.
B2B: 19 000 - 25 000 net PLN + VAT
Including additional days off
Kraków or remotely
Our Team Mates are currently in Kraków, Warszawa, Gdańsk, Berlin or travelling the world.
Becoming part of Upside means:
- Joining a knowledgeable and experienced team of software developers, technology consultants, and designers.
- Collaborating with international clients on a wide variety of digital products.
- Co-creating great development culture with a focus on R&D and building tools to support the work.
- Support in growth and professional development.
- Flexibility on the place and time of your work.
We'd expect you to have:
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Fluent English (C1 and above) and the ability to communicate freely
Solid experience in at least one programming language (most preferred - Ruby) and the ability to navigate between different technologies
- Ability to tackle frontend and knowledge of some widely used frameworks and tools (such as React or Vue)
- Ability to design an application's architecture
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with AWS/Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling
Nice to have:
- Experience in leading product discovery processes for Clients and other stakeholders
- Experience in roles requiring technical leadership
- Ability to mentor other team members and share your knowledge
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)
How we work:
Remote work model: our main office is based in the city center of Kraków, however, the entire team operates in a hybrid model working from home or abroad.
Flexible working hours: the majority of our team starts work between 8.00/9.00 in the morning but we're open to early birds and night owls. The most important aspect is to overlap working hours with the teammates and clients you are currently working with.
Working closely with business & design teams: we aim for our teams to be cross-functional and we work on removing collaboration constraints.
Constantly improving Development Processes: our Team has a set of great practices in place (e.g. Code Review, Development Sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and we're always open to experiment with new approaches to make development process better.
26 paid days off on B2B Contract.
Private healthcare provided by PZU Zdrowie.
English lessons organized by the company.
Mentoring: a strong culture of guidance, sharing knowledge, and providing support across the entire company.
Home Office Upgrade Budget: support in making your workspace at home comfortable.
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year: choose a conference, workshop, or training to join.
Public Speaking Support: separate budget for taking an active part in conferences as well as public speaking mentoring.
Hardware and Software of your choice: laptop and accessories to make your workplace efficient.
Healthy (and not) Snacks in the office: because every one of us needs an apple. Or a bar of chocolate.
Access to cutting-edge technology: the ability to play around with the latest pieces of technology, like Oculus Quest 2.
If you're interested in applying for this position, we'll ask you to apply through the form first. Give us a few days to review your application so we can get back to you with initial feedback. If all goes well, we'll invite you for a 30-min intro video-call with Kasia and our CTO Rafał to talk on mutual expectations and answer your questions about the company. If there's potential for a match, you'll be invited for a ~2,5h interview with our engineering team when we'd love to learn more about your experience as well as give you space to show your technical capabilities! When you do, we'll be happy to welcome you to the team!