Tech Lead for Open-Source
RemoteKraków, PolandPLN 25,700 - PLN 35,200 per monthLead
Great to meet you! We are Upside — a team crazy about delivering high quality and ambitious software projects for companies such as University of Toronto, Framebridge, Artemest and Mineski Global. Next to our Client-facing work, we are also in charge one of the the biggest open-source e-commerce framework Spree Commerce (currently at over 12 000 stars on Github). We run Upside focusing on knowledge, autonomy and great collaboration - with our Clients and internally.
#TeamUpside is currently over 20 people strong (Fullstack/Backend/Frontend Software Developers, QAs, UX/UI Designers) and we’re growing! In 2021 we doubled the Team and quadrupled our revenue. Since mid 2022 we took over the further development of Spree Commerce, previously working with the framework for multiple years and contributing its development.
With the growth of the company, we're looking for Tech Lead for Open Source to take over the growth of the tool that now has 12 000 starts on Github and is used by thousands of businesses worldwide!
B2B: 25,7 - 35,2 k PLN B2B
Including additional days off
Office in Kraków as a base with at least one day per week of on-site work.
What should you expect on this position:
- Impact on the further development and progress of Spree Commerce, the leading open-source ecommerce framework based on Ruby on Rails, which Upside is a main steward off.
- Direct work with key Clients who operate their businesses on Spree.
- Conversation with technology stakeholders (CTOs, VPs of Engineering) on Spree assessment.
- Impact on strategic decisions made across the company.
- Direct work with our leadership and development team.
Expectations towards Tech Lead for Open Source role:
- You have a significant experience in software development (6+ years of commercial experience).
- Fluent English (C1 and above) and the ability to communicate freely and Polish (C2 or native).
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor other team members and share your knowledge.
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)