Technology Lead / Principal Software Engineer
Upside is a software development company that designs and develops products and services for companies around the world. For the last years we have been working alongside startups helping them to build reliable technology, as well as with giants helping them in bringing fresh ideas onto the stage. The majority of our Clients come from retail, e-commerce and fin-tech and we’re also very active in the Open Source community.
#TeamUpside is currently almost 20 people strong (Fullstack/Backend/Frontend Software Developers, QAs, UX/UI Designers) and we’re growing! In 2021 we doubled the Team and quadrupled our revenue. We set our bar high.
With the growth of the company, we're looking for Technology Lead / Principal Software Engineer to even further support the growth.
B2B: 25,7 - 31,2 k PLN B2B
Including additional days off
Office in Kraków as a base. Ability to work remotely when needed.
Becoming part of Upside means:
- Joining a knowledgeable and experienced team of software developers, technology consultants, and designers.
- Collaborating with international clients on a wide variety of digital products.
- Co-creating great development culture with a focus on Open Source and building tools to support the work.
- Support in growth and professional development.
What should you expect on this position:
- Impact on strategic decisions made across the company.
- Direct work with our leadership and development team.
- Impact on the further development and progress of Spree Commerce, one of the leading open-source frameworks based on Ruby on Rails which Upside is a main steward off.
Expectations towards Principal Software Engineer role:
- 6+ years of commercial experience.
- Fluent English (C1 and above) and the ability to communicate freely.
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor other team members and share your knowledge.
A few words on organizational culture:
- We value collaboration and communication: we believe that time spent at work needs to be spent well - we pay attention to feedback, knowledge sharing, and open communication to create a great workspace where everyone has a space to grow.
- We value organizational-based transparency: every person on the Team knows how the company is doing and has a chance to engage in internal processes.
- We embrace Agile methodologies by implementing iteration-based work with short feedback loops and direct communication with the business team (e.g. Product Owner or Business Founder)
Perks & Benefits:
Paid vacation time (20 days)
Hardware and Software of your choice
Healthcare and fitness benefits
Company Retreats and Offsites
Home Office Upgrade Budget
Learning Budget of 2500 PLN per year
Public Speaking Support
Healthy (and not) Snacks in the office
Access to cutting-edge technology
Fast recruitment process
Our hiring process is not an easy one but for sure rewarding! We do it for you and us, to decide if we're the right fit for each other.
During the first step of the process, you'll have a chance to meet for a one-hour long conversation with our hiring manager and once of software engineers.
In this meeting, your future colleagues will take a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable in your area.
You made it to the very last stage! Here we already strive to cooperate with you, and give you an opportunity to meet up with our CTO and CEO.